Psychology Books to be Discarded!
Did that get your attention? No, this is not a massive overhauling of our collection a la the recent revamping of the University of Texas at Austin Undergraduate Library. These are a small selection of psychology books that I've recently pulled aside as possible candidates to be removed from our collection.
Did you notice that I said "possible candidates?" This is where you come in. Until Wed. Sept. 14th you have an opportunity to look at these books to help me decide whether we should remove them from our collection or whether they are worthy of keeping. The call number range in question is BF 433 -- BF 561 and you can take a look at them Monday-Friday, 8-5, in Room #319, Meriam Library (a.k.a our Collection Management and Technical Services Department.)
Some of the criteria I use to determine if I should pull these books off the shelves include:
- If the book is older than 10 years and has not been checked out during the past 10 years
- If the books is a duplicate copy that shows little or no use
- Older textbooks
- Books in serious disrepair
I appreciate your opinions. Please take a look at these books and let me know what you think.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home